Does this treatment hurt?
No! This treatment does not hurt all or cause any bruising as we do not use suction pads.
]However, it will feel slightly cold during the treatment and you will feel a gentle tingle throughout due to the electrical muscle stimulation.
Who is this treatment suitable for?
Anyone who wants reduce localised fat areas that they find stubborn to diet and exercise.
We don't advice for those who only wish to tighten loose or stretched skin, we recommend to book in for our body contouring treatment if that is your concern.
Is this the same as Cool Sculpting?
Yes and no, Essentially there is no difference between Cool Sculpting and a medical-grade cryolypolisis machine, apart from the brand name. However, at Sanna's Slimming we don't just have a regular cryolipolysis machine we have an evolved version. Our machine has TWO functions:
1) Cryolipolysis - which gently freezes and eliminates the fat cells
2) Electrical Muscle Stimulation - which strengthens the weak muscles.
With this state of the art combination, results are achieved in just half the time
When will I see results?
Some of our clients can see a slight difference immediately (but this really depends per client)
However, with this treatment the process takes time, fat loss results can take anywhere from or in-between 3 weeks to as long as 3 months after treatment to show. Please follow our aftercare advice to make this process quicker!
The good news is that once the fat cells are removed, they will NOT come back. If you don't believe us then check out our before and after images...
What areas can I freeze and what's included in an area?
Please make sure you read this before booking :)
One area: Lower abdomen | Upper abdomen | One Arm | One Outer Thigh | One Inner Thigh | One Flank | One Buttocks | One Bra Line
Two areas: Upper and Lower Abdomen | Outer Thighs | Inner Thighs | Arms | Bra line | Flanks | Buttocks
All areas purchased must be done in the same appointment booking. E.g if you have purchased 4 areas, they must be done in the same appointment slot.
How often should I get this treatment?
More than one session may be needed to achieve the desired results.
If more than one treatment session is needed, the next session can't be performed until 4 weeks after the first session (on the same area). This is because it can take this long for damaged fat cells to be eliminated from the body...
Where do the fat cells go?
Simple, your body digests them. Just like any energy source, they are cleared through the lymphatic system, over the following weeks & months as the fat breakdown process occurs. How quickly this happens & the extent of the result varies upon the individual. (read our aftercare advice)
Is this permenant?
Yes, fat cells are destroyed permanently. Once the fat cells leave the body via the lymphatic system, they cannot return.
However, an individual’s excessive calorie intake could trigger the remaining fats cells to compensate and increase in size. It is therefore important to maintain a healthy lifestyle, good diet and engage in regular exercise post-treatment.
Do I need to prepare before the treatment?
On the day:
• Drink at least 1.5 litres of water before the treatment
• Do NOT drink any fizzy drinks or caffeine 3-4 hours prior
• Do NOT avoid food- your body into starvation mode causing you to store fat not shed it.
Any aftercare advice?
Yes! Aftercare is equally as important as the treatment.
• Avoid hot bath/showers or any heat treatments for 24 hours.
• Avoid alcohol for 48-72 hours after treatment.
• Avoid heavy meals immediately after.
General post-treatment advice:
• Drink plenty of water (over 2 litres of water a day). This is how your body will flush out the dead fat cells and toxins. This treatment will not be effective if you do not drink water regularly.
• Follow a healthy balanced diet, to avoid excess weight gain
• Exercise! This will help stimulate lymphatic activity and you will see results faster. This treatment is not designed to replace a balanced lifestyle.
• Use a slimming cream that is designed to promote collagen on the areas twice a day. This will allow you to see quicker results and also treat any cellulite, saggy skin and stretch marks. (we can recommend some great ones)
Why do you recommend to combine Shockwave Therapy with this treatment?
The high energy of radial shockwave has a large impact on collagen structure, the skin connective tissue and blood circulation. It has been clinically proven that combining shockwave 1-3 times a week with E-Cryo gives you faster results!
(We have a package for this)
Who can't have this treatment?
Individuals with the following should avoid this type of treatment:
• Raynaud’s phenomenon.
• Cryoglobulinemia. Aems.
• Paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria.
• Cold urticaria.
• Cold agglutinin disease.
• Pregnancy or breast-feeding
• Nerve disorders, such as diabetic neuropathy
• Inflammatory skin disorders
• Skin conditions caused by immune system disorders, such as eczema or psoriasis